Roots Millennium Schools offers it students the opportunity to participate in robotic programs throughout the year. With entitling themselves with the Millennial Robotic Club Working with robotics promotes essential workplace skills in youth ages 8-14. Students explore teamwork, collaboration and leadership while learning to appreciate science and technology.
This effort teaches analytical, logical and critical thinking while engaging young people in fun activities. The goal is to cultivate a new crop of astronomers, biologists, physicists, engineers and other scientists.
Rootsians choosing the robotics track will experience the opportunity to build an autonomous Lego Mindstorms NXT robot and program the robot. R²C members will work in teams to solve missions based on the yearly challenge. The R²C Program Challenge presents youth with real-world issues and challenges them to come up with solutions.
Participants of the R²C program will learn robotic engineering principles while enjoying a fun, creative, hands-on learning experience on individual basis.
- Direct Benefits
- Actively become involved in their own learning process.
- Build engineering and science intuition.
- Develop their interests in math and scientific technology.
- Strengthen their research and problem solving skills, as well as reading, writing, presentation skills and creativity.
- Long term Benefits
- Build self-thinkers and appreciate the value of self-motivation and being resourceful.
- Make achieving goals as a habit.
- Being active life-time learner.
- Give your children the advantage of heads-up to their future science studies capabilities.
- Build the ability to think through problems strategically with a focus on logical reasoning, analytical reasoning, and critical thinking. This ability is required not only in critical science fields, but a lot other professional areas as well.
- Prepare your children for the competitive workforce, especially in science technology; which is and will be in great demand.
- Equip your children the skills to be readily applied and transferable to various industries, not just robotics or science.
Robotics is a CONCRETE and TANGIBLE way to build and strengthen cognitive development, as well as other academic areas such as mathematics, engineering, communication skills, strategic thinking and goal-oriented thinking.