Department of Qualifications, Curriculum & Assessments (DQCA) aspires to provide excellent services in terms of academics and in helping the child learn in an innovative way where he/she can achieve excellence in all aspects of life. Department of QCA is structured to provide standard and quality 21st Century learning thus promoting knowledge, skills and values. Our Moto is transforming schools into Learning Communities and DQCA is committed to ensure that our student are provided excellent education by engaging them in active learning which enhances their creativity and critical thinking skills. Our aim is to develop our students as the leaders of tomorrow who will make difference in all sectors of life. DQCA is a department with following attributes:
- ‘Q’ Qualifications: is ensured by a qualitative and quantitative mechanism for quality assurance through benchmarking, research, innovation, feedback and international best practices across all areas of teaching, academic enrichment, technology enablement, monitoring, reading, communications, ICT, writing skills, arts, values, traits, worksheets, study, student resources’, monitoring, teaching aids, lesson plans and time tables across all tiers of the education.
- ‘C’ Curriculum: is ensured by a continuous phased curriculum enrichment plan through curriculum development, research, reforms, national requirements, capacity and booklists and growing expectations by global environment and competition to support a student centered learning based curriculum than a teaching centered curriculum.
- ‘A’ Assessments: The objective of assessments is to reform, improve, redesign and develop the centralized assessment framework with focus on logical, practical and international approach that encompasses each and every aspect of child development and progression from progress cards to mid-term parent teacher conferences.
Millennium Schools Curriculum builds the foundations for wellbeing and equips students with the knowledge, skills, attitudes and strategies to understand and manage themselves and their relationships. It explicitly teaches personal and social capabilities by implementing the curriculum as specified in the Millennium Schools curriculum, assessment and reporting framework:
Embedding personal and social capabilities in self-awareness
- Social awareness
- Social management.
- Building the foundations for wellbeing and lifelong learning.
- Enacting a pedagogical framework that reflects the Pedagogical framework expectations and principles.
Millennium Schools Pedagogy enhances wellbeing, by building positive relationships between teachers and students. It is responsive to the individual needs of students, to which teachers cater to by demonstrating respect for their students as individuals. Students are provided opportunities to;
- Build on their strengths
- Use their preferred learning styles
- Work cooperatively in groups
- Negotiate what they learn