Promoting schools as global enterprises; and students as global entrepreneurs, as Millennials we reach every part of the globe
Through learning, ‘inspire all to make a difference’; in defining our core purpose we have distilled many ideas, feelings and voices that make up our community. ‘Through learning’ we capture our endeavours to encourage lifelong learning in everything we do, and remain curious and motivated by the world we live in. To ‘inspire all to make a difference’ we express our collective desire to see and enable achievement as a personal goal. It embodies our drive to enrich and contribute positively to the people around us, both near and far.
We inspire our students to become successful lifelong learners and responsible global citizens. We promote high standards of scholarship and challenge all members of the community to fulfill their potential. Millennium Schools educate students within a programme designed to develop their academic, social, emotional and physical potential. The foundation of our curricular and instructional practice is based upon our respect for the unique learning styles of students, and an understanding of the needs of the internationally mobile child. The engaging and reflective learning environment of our small classes fosters the development of the child as an enthusiastic lifelong learner. The school promotes high standards of scholarship, responsibility, and citizenship in a supportive, international community. We implement a developmental, student-centered approach to instruction following an inquiry-based interdisciplinary curriculum. We at Millennium Schools believe in educating through our holistic approach as we:
- Promote the acquisition of knowledge, and the development of creative and critical thinking skills with a focus on personal excellence.
- Encourage students to become independent and confident learners.
- Foster the concept of learning as a process, and promote self-reflection as part of this process.
- Encourage active involvement in community service both locally and internationally.
- Promote participation in the arts, and appreciation of the aesthetic aspects of life.
- Develop an understanding of, and a respect for, different languages and cultures.
- Integrate students with special needs and those studying English as an additional language into the school programme, with the resources available.
- Integrate information literacy into learning.
- Develop cooperative skills through collaborative, activity-based learning.
- Foster respect for self and others, as well as for the natural, and created environments.
- Nurture an abiding sense of integrity and personal responsibility.
- Promote and teach the values associated with healthy living, encouraging a lifelong enjoyment of physical activity.
- Provide opportunities for social and emotional growth.
- Encourage students to become responsible, contributing citizens of the school, and the world.
- Prepare students for success at the next stage of formal education, including admission to competitive universities throughout the world.
Millennium Schools is a reflective organisation. We strive for constant improvement by actively soliciting input from staff, students, parents, external agencies, and academic research. RMS provides teachers with opportunities for continuous professional development, as we believe education is a lifelong process. Our schools encourage parents to understand, and become advocates of our educational practices.