TME Learner Code of Conduct Policy
The utmost priority of our institution is the safety and wellbeing of our learners. The Millennium Education has a clear and formal Learner Code of Conduct policy. Being an international institution, we hope to foster an environment where all learners feel supported, listened to, and safe.
AIM OF THE POLICY
This policy agreement aims to clarify TME position on learners’ conduct and explain the processes and procedures associated with managing and sanctioning learners’ conduct in ways which uphold the professional integrity of those working in TME schools and TME (the company) in its endeavours to provide international standards of education. In the event of a serious breach, criminal misconduct, or where it is believed that the health, safety or welfare of others may be jeopardized by the continuing presence of a learner they will be suspended or withdrawn from the campus admissions register immediately.
TME EXPECTATION FROM LEARNERS
In relation to the core activity of teaching and learning, Learners are expected to:
- Adopt a diligent and co-operative approach to all aspects of academic life
- Accept responsibility in creating a supportive Millennial educational community
TME LEARNER CODE OF CONDUCT
Throughout their period of study with The Millennium Education, Learners are expected to abide by the Learner Code of Conduct which is based upon respect for individuals, teachers, management, race, culture, religion, background, property and the environment. The following actions, whether occurring in campus premises or elsewhere, are examples of conduct which is not acceptable to The Millennium Education and may lead to instigation of formal learner disciplinary procedures:
- TME Learners Conduct which constitutes a criminal offence e.g. assault, theft, fraud, deceit, deception or dishonesty.
- Plagiarism, Violent, indecent, disorderly, threatening, abusing, intimidating or offensive behaviour or language towards any learner, teacher or member of administration and management
- Social, racial or any other form of harassment is dealt with strictly. Exemplify the high standards of personal and pro-social behaviour in respect of other learners. Develop and maintain positive relationships in Campus. Learner must work as part of a team to ensure happy and stimulating environment.
- Misuse, misappropriation, theft or damage of The Millennium Education campus property.
- TME Learner action, likely to cause injury or to impair Health and safety procedures.
- TME Learner action, likely to cause injury or to impair electrical, gas and fire safety procedures.
- TME Learner failure to respect rights of others to freedom of belief and freedom of speech or expression.
- TME Learner behavior which brings the Institution into disrepute. E.g. such conduct as abusive, anti-social or discourteous behaviour, political or social activism in Campus premises or outside, inconsiderate noise or parking, disregard of the campus parking code, causing litter and especially criminal damage to private property, showing disrespect to campus signs or vehicles.
- TME Learner disruption of, or improper interference with, the academic, administrative, sporting, social or other activities of the campus.
- Learner must act as per TME ethos and act in ways that promote positive behaviour in their classrooms and around campus premises.
- Obstruction of, or improper interference within the campus functionality, duties or activities of any TME Learner, member of staff, or visitor of the Institution.
- Misuse or unauthorized use of The Millennium Education Campus premises.
- Learner found violating The Millennium Education Campus study regime / time table.
- Learner found not wearing The Millennium Education authorized uniform. Learner must always show respect to the teachers, faculty members, members of The Millennium Education school administration and management
- Learner must not interfere in the functioning of The Millennium Education morning assembly presentations and national anthem.
- Learner must not cheat in examinations, assignments, assessments or in course work. Any form of plagiarism shall be dealt with firmly.
- Learner must respect the property of other people and that of The Millennium Education campus and its premises.
- Learner must not bring illegal substances onto The Millennium Education premises including drugs or alcohol.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited within The Millennium Education campus buildings, premises and parking areas and is dealt with firmly. A breach to the smoking policy may lead to withdrawal from the admissions register without further notice
- Learner must not bring The Millennium Education campus reputation into disrepute by posting or publishing any defamatory or derogatory content on social or digital media either in or off campus premises. Learner must abide by reasonable instructions issued by a member of The Millennium Education campus management or administration.
- Mobile phones are not allowed and are strictly forbidden within The Millennium Education campus premises and buildings. In case of violation of school rules Mobile phones will be taken into custody by the campus administration /Principal and a penalty will be imposed.
- Female Learner must not wear heels, jewellery, bangles, nail polish, earrings, fancy accessories and other ornaments within The Millennium Education campus premises. Male Learner must not wear cap, hat, unauthorized belt, bandana, boots and other fancy accessories within The Millennium Education campus premises.
- Individuals (Learner) bringing vehicles, cars, motorcycles onto campus premises must observe parking and speed restrictions and drive with care and consideration for others.
- Learner must abide by the IT & digital Code of Practice as well as campus Library Code of Practice.
- Learner must be punctual, latecomers will be fined and any leave of absence (except in case of sickness) must be given in advance in writing to the campus Principal or otherwise the Learner shall be subject to ‘Learner disciplinary procedure’.
- No Learner will leave campus premises during school hours without the permission of the Branch Head/Principal. TME learner must possess civility and good manners, honesty and truthfulness, and personal discipline as important TME learner attributes.
- No expensive jewellery, watches, electronic devices including laptops or iPods, pencil cases, stationery items, lunch boxes are allowed to be brought to campus. Campus management & administration will not be responsible for the loss of these articles.
- Large amount of money (beyond reasonable requirement) should not be brought to the campus. The campus will not be responsible for any loss of clothes, books, money or any other personal property or items.
- Exchange of video DVD, CD, video games, audiocassettes, magazines books or any such gift item is strictly prohibited. No parcels, lunch boxes, books, stationery etc will be entertained by the campus office during the regular school hours. All Learners must bring along their own personal items once they enter campus premises in the morning.
- All notebooks used by the learner must be with school monogram, standard authorized notebooks. They are to be kept neat and labelled correctly.
- Learner must compulsorily take part in all co-curricular and extra-curricular activities organized by the campus. These are especially designed for the overall educational needs and personality development of each child.
- Each learner is entitled to a copy of the campus Rules and Learner Code of Conduct giving information about the ethos, values and rules of the campus. Each learner is expected to read and be compliant with, the campus Rules and learner Code of Conduct. Furthermore, parents must accept that the campus reserves the right to monitor email communications and internet use for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the campus Rules and Learner Code of Conduct.
- TME learner must abstain from reckless and malicious allegations against other TME learners, teachers or campus administrative staff.
- In an attempt of disciplinary action, the Head of the institute has the final authority to expel, dismiss, suspend or reprimand the learner.
- No learner or employee (current or former) is allowed to share any defamatory, offensive or derogatory content against the employer, campus, institution management or its stakeholders on social and digital media platforms, microblogging, social networking, social bookmarking, and social curation, and wikis, Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, Pinterest, Instagram and any
other social media platform.
DISCIPLINARY ACTION AGAINST VIOLATION OF LEARNER CODE OF CONDUCT
Behavior that contradicts The Millennium Education ‘Learner Code of Conduct’ will be dealt through the ‘Learner Disciplinary Procedure’. Any misconduct will be regarded as a breach of the ‘Learner Code of Conduct’ and will be subject to firm action by the campus administration/ Principal, which may lead to fine/ withdrawal/ expulsion/ suspension / fine depending upon the breach of conduct.
WRITE TO US
In case the learners’ feels they need to report certain incidents and are not heard at campus level, they may register all complaints or queries regarding harassment, bully, inappropriate behaviour or misconduct across the institution by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that all complaints must be made from the personal email address of the learner i.e. complaints cannot be made on behalf of other learners, or on social media platforms, or from anonymous or third party accounts. We would like to assure our learners that all complaints will be treated with utmost confidentiality and privacy.
Every learner has a right to be heard and if anyone has any concern (academic, non-academic or social), he/she must report to his/her immediate Headmistress/Coordinator/Counsellor or Principal with the guarantee that they will be heard and their concerns shall be addressed with utmost confidentiality